Global Wellness

Chiropractic Care | Lewiston, ID | Joan P. Burrow DC NMD


5 Comments

Studies Find High Fructose Corn Syrup Contains Mercury

Need another reason to dislike High Fructose Corn Syrup? We’ve found one.

Studies have found that High Fructose Corn Syrup is contaminated with mercury and made with toxic chemical catalyst that can burn a hole in your stomach. Here are a few articles that give more information:

The Washington Post

“Almost half of tested samples of commercial high-fructose corn syrup (HFCS) contained mercury, which was also found in nearly a third of 55 popular brand-name food and beverage products where HFCS is the first- or second-highest labeled ingredient, according to two new U.S. studies.”

“Mercury is toxic in all its forms. Given how much high-fructose corn syrup is consumed by children, it could be a significant additional source of mercury never before considered.”

To read this article Click Here

 

WebMD.com

“Overall, we found detectable mercury in 17 of 55 samples, or around 31%,”

“Mercury exposure at high levels can harm the brain, heart, kidneys, lungs, and immune system. A form of mercury called methylmercury is particularly risky to a baby’s developing brain and nervous system, according to background information from the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).”

To read this article Click Here

 

Natural News

“Beyond the link to detrimental health effects, another danger from this ubiquitous ingredient comes from the toxic chemicals that are used to turn corn into corn starch and then finally into HFCS. One of these chemicals, glutaraldehyde, is a toxic chemical used in industrial water treatment systems and to sterilize medical equipment by killing living cells. It’s also a well-known embalming chemical. It is toxic to the human body and causes eye, nose, throat and lung irritation (asthma, sneezing, wheezing, burning eyes, etc.). It can also cause drowsiness, dizziness and headaches. (http://www.cdc.gov/niosh/topics/glutaraldehy…)”

“The bottom line? If you love eating a highly-refined liquid sugar made with the use of hazardous chemicals and often contaminated with brain-damaging mercury, eat more high fructose corn syrup!”

To read this article Click Here