We think this article about 10 benefits of chiropractic is great! Dr. Axe really gives a great overview of what Chiropractic is about and you should give it a look, it may just answer some questions you didn’t know you had.
Our office has some great news! Our Sunlighten™ Far Infrared Sauna is up and running. If you want to get really healthy then this is a great way to start the process.
Far Infrared Sauna Therapy has been Documented,
to Provide the Following Results:
- Detox: Detoxing without getting sick afterward. It changes the toxins as they come out so you don’t get sick afterward.
- Removal of Fat-Soluble & Heavy Metal Toxins: Most effective far infrared and full spectrum therapy for natural, non-invasive cellular detoxification – only saunas clinically shown to raise core temperature. Quickly expels toxins hidden in fat-soluble cells. Toxins are released through the skin before they reach major organs.
- Increased Quality & Duration of Sleep: Our saunas’ Acoustic Resonance Therapy (A.R.T) provides a calming environment to reduce stimuli and induce relaxation for better sleep. In this case, take your sauna session before you go to bed.
- Pain Relief: Far Infrared heat increases blood circulation by penetrating deep into the body’s joints, muscles and tissues to allow more oxygen to reach injured areas and reduce inflammation.
- Non-Invasive, Natural Treatment: Offers a whole body treatment without surgery or injections. Studies show that infrared sauna sessions can help speed the effects of antibiotics to see faster results and relief of symptoms.
- Sensory & Cognitive Issues: Sunlighten’s FIR technology in combination with A.R.T. will assist in increasing motor processing and enhance creativity and problem solving. Clearing of brain fog.
- Depression: The circulation, relaxation and detoxification that our saunas provide can be uplifting to your overall state of mind.
- Boost Immunity: Increased blood circulation allows more toxins to be released from the cellular level to the skin’s surface to improve cell health, aid in recovery and boost immunity to help battle current symptoms.
- Cold Intolerance: Proven 95-99% effective, Solocarbon heaters increase core body temperature to alleviate lower body temperatures.
- Sound Sensitivity: Sunlighten saunas provide a soothing atmosphere for those with hyperacusis to find relief. A.R.T. balances brainwaves, bringing the body to a deeper state of relaxation.
- Improved Circulation: Increases blood flow to reduce the body’s hold on toxic metals and helps get nutrients where they need to go. Also increases body temperature to keep hands and feet warm.
- Weight Loss: A 30 minute infrared sauna session can burn up to 200-600 calories! As the body works to cool itself while using an infrared sauna, there is a substantial increase in heart rate, cardiac output and metabolic rate. Sunlighten’s infrared heat therapy raises core body temperature causing passive cardiovascular conditioning. Your body’s natural response to infrared heat therapy is to increase circulation and sweat. Check out the results with a heart rate monitor and you will be amazed.
- Relaxation for the Whole Family: Creates a sanctuary the whole family can benefit from detoxification, heart health, weight loss, pain relief, cell health and anti-aging.
- Cancer Therapy: Far Infrared Therapy has been applied as Cancer Treatment Worldwide for 20 years. Far Infrared Saunas Increase the Production of White Blood Cells, Killer T-Cells, and Interferon which have been shown to Fight Cancer Cell Growth.
- Organic Skin Care: Infrared Sauna Treatments dramatically Renew Elasticin-Collagen Tissues while Crow’s Feet, Forehead Lines, Wrinkles, Age Spots, Scars, Varicose Veins and Stretch Marks Naturally Fade Away. Look Younger while you Cleanse Your Body from the Inside Out.
- Bullet proof Your Immune: Increased Production of White Blood Cells and Toxin Removal through Sweating combines to Improve Immunity against Chronic Infections, Flu, Sinus, Allergy Symptoms, Germs and Bacteria. Infrared Heat causes the body to produce Special Heat Shock Proteins, which are Powerful Immune System Stimulators.
Imagine: You were hospitalized for some reason. Hospitalization costs a lot, and so ‘guidelines’ tell your doctor you can only stay in the hospital so long for that problem. If they let you stay one day past the guideline, the hospital eats the cost. So, whether you are medically stable or not, you go home or you get sent to a ‘skilled nursing facility’ for the rest of your recovery. Ready or not, you go.
And, why? It costs less to take care of a patient in a skilled nursing facility than a hospital. Why does it cost less? Because insurance don’t reimburse the facility as much.
We expect the ‘skilled nursing facility’ to have the funds to hire the staff and buy the monitoring equipment that is needed to provide ‘skilled nursing’ care despite low reimbursements paid to the facilities.
The inspector general of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) reviewed records for 653 randomly selected Medicare patients who were in skilled nursing care – treatment in nursing homes for up to 35 days after a patient was discharged from an acute care hospital – in August, 2011.
The findings are scary: 33 percent had a medication error, infection or some other type of harm. 2/3rds of those suffered events that caused lasting harm, and 1/3rd were temporarily harmed. In 1.5 percent of cases a patient who had been expected to survive died because of poor care.
The injuries and deaths were caused by
- substandard treatment,
- inadequate monitoring,
- delays or the failure to provide needed care
The deaths involved problems such as
- preventable blood clots,
- fluid imbalances,
- excessive bleeding from blood-thinning medications
- kidney failure.
Doctors who reviewed the patients’ records determined that 59 percent of the errors and injuries were preventable. More than half of those harmed had to be readmitted to the hospital at an estimated cost of $208 million for the month studied — about 2 percent of Medicare’s total inpatient spending.
Projected nationally, the study estimated that 21,777 patients were harmed and 1,538 died due to substandard skilled nursing care in that one month period.
My opinion: Something needs to change. If we can’t afford to keep patients in the hospital long enough to be stable when they leave, then we need to reimburse skilled nursing facilities enough that they can truly provide skilled nursing. Duh.
Read One Third of Skilled Nursing Patients Harmed in Treatment and follow their links to read the studies.