MojoFeet PreFabs (short for ‘Pretty Fabulously Manufactured Arch Supports”) are one of the orthotic options at our office.
Prefabricated arch supports are a great beginning to supporting your feet on their journey back to health. Prefabricated arch supports are identical from right to left and will not ‘perfectly’ match up to your feet. In many cases, they can help get your ‘good foot mojo’ going.
- Mojo Prefabs will break down much quicker than custom orthotics, this is why they cost much less. Some options are to start with Mojo Prefabs and replace them regularly or start with Mojo Prefabs and consider getting custom orthotics as a longer term solution to foot support.
- If you need foot support right away, Mojo Prefabs can be of ‘instant’ help. We can adjust them slightly for maximal comfort if needed.
How to Fit Your MojoFeet Prefabs
- Remove the insole from your current shoes and place it on the bottom of the MojoFeet
- Trace the insole onto the MojoFeet.
- Cut the MojoFeet to Size.
- You may have to trim and shorten the MojoFeet to get it to a perfect fit.
Don’t Be Fooled By Size
The sizing of the MojoFeet is actually best figured out by matching the prefab up to your foot. The big toe should sit where the arch contour ends.
We call this the “heel to ball of foot size” and it can vary greatly from what the shoe size. You should be wearing shoes that flex at this same point (where the big toe flexes). Many times patients are in the wrong shoe size!
How to Mold Your MojoFeet Prefabs
To get a more comfortable fit:
- WEAR THEM – after a few days they will mold to your feet.
- HEAT THEM – for a higher level of comfort quicker: Preheat the oven to 200F/90C. DO NOT MICROWAVE. Put your MojoFeet on a baking sheet and bake for 2 minutes. After 2 minutes put them back in your footwear and stand on them right away. Make sure you heels are snug against the back of your shoes and lace them up; stand on your warm and toasty MojoFeet Prefabs for 2 minutes.