Surely, anything liquid will do! And really, who likes the taste of water?
Well, liquid isn’t just liquid. Water doesn’t need to be digested – it’s just absorbed. Put anything into it, and you provide work for your digestive system, taking the (coffee, tea, lemon, sugar, color, flavoring . . .) out.
- Makes up 83% of your blood volume
- Composes 75% of your brain and muscle
- Is 90% of your lungs
- Even makes up 22% of your bones!
- regulates your body temperature
- protects and cushions vital organs and joints
- helps convent food to energy
- helps carry nutrients and oxygen to the cells
- carries waste away
Water removes waste. So, if you wouldn’t feel clean on the outside if you took a shower in whatever it is that you are drinking instead of water, don’t count on it cleaning you on the inside, either.